When Lucas decided to use the potty full time I was ecstatic! He went full steam ahead, ditched his diapers and went straight into big boy undies all the time. I was putting a pull up on him at night, but he was getting up to pee 2 or 3 times every night. Mind you, this started a full 6 weeks before his second birthday (which is tomorrow)!!
So I sold all of his diapers. Every single boyish fitted, even the ones I swore I’d never sell – all gone! And suddenly Lucas is letting loose all over the carpet!
Assuming this is just another wacky phase in the DriveMommyInsane Psychological Olympics and not wanting to scrub little boy pee out of the carpet any longer, I did something I swore I wouldn’t do. After spending many hours, over the last few years, drafting and designing the perfect trainer and for some reason never had the awesome results I get with everything else I design – I gave up! So, I went straight to Ladder Hill Design and bought the PDF pattern for their Tinkle Time Trainer. Over the years I’ve read many good things about this pattern and I agree with them all!
The pattern itself is very user friendly. Even though I didnt need them, the long detailed instructions and clear printable pieces were very easy to navigate.
They look, feel and fit just like his undies. Of course as soon as I finished a couple and put one on him he decided to use the potty from then on out, but I don’t mind at all! I even ordered some cute knits to make him a nice stash of these, just in case! If these are what keep him going on the potty and keep ME from scrubbing the carpet, then so be it!! Plus when he’s done with them I can sell them or save them for Raven!! (more than likely I’ll make Raven some of her own with more girly knits! haha)
Here they are fresh from the dryer:
Almost everything I used was up-cycled! The superhero print was a pair of my bud Kelly’s old pj pants! The Diamond Dan’s print was one of Rye’s old T Shirts! The car/camo prints were both onesies! The black lycra came from an old pair of gym pants! The ONLY fabrics that were ‘new’ are the trim on the Diamond Dan’s one – that is GM’s Pollock from their remnant sale (which I only used because it had a nice amount of lycra in it and I wanted to see how it would hold up) and some black cotton velour on the inners of the super hero ones! And for absorbency I used a combo of new hemp french terry and cotton fleece from an old pair of sweats!
Lukie calls them Super Unnies!
I call them ‘the best darn pattern I ever purchased’!!