Creative Ramblings of One Crunchy Mama
My quest for something other than those nasty (and expensive) disposable pull-ups that Willow only needs for possible overnight accidents has finally come to an end. I only had to purchase one package while coming up with a washable replacement, and when I did I almost kicked myself because it was right in front of my face the whole time!
For a long time now I have been making fleece soakers, from a modified version of this pattern. As I was packing up some of the ones Wills will no longer be using, I got an idea. I grabbed my seam ripper and undid the end seam in the extra soaker panel and it suddenly became a pocket! A STUFFABLE pocket! Yay! The past two nights they have been working out great! She has woken up dry each morning! I firmly believe she would just pee in those paper pull-ups because she knew she could without getting wet.
So now of course I had to whip up another modified version because I needed a different fit. They don’t need to fit over a diapie butt, so I lowered the rise. I also used a buttery microfleece as the ‘pocket’ and made it as wide as the crotch and left the ends open because I found it easier to stuff if I could reach in both sides. I had a heck of a time stuffing the ones I already had.. haha! This new pocket fits a quarter folded microfiber towel like this perfectly!
I am more than pleased and she loves her new ‘special undies’.